Are you tired of making the same old chicken dishes over and over again? Leftover chicken can be a great ingredient to use for creating new dishes that are both delicious and easy to make. Besides being affordable, chicken is a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of recipes. Don’t let your leftover chicken go to waste, use it to make something amazing! In this article, we’ll provide you with some delicious leftover chicken recipes that will help you get creative in the kitchen.
Creative Ways to Use Leftover Chicken
Using leftovers can be a great way to save on time and create some interesting combinations. Here are some great ideas for leftover chicken dishes:
- 3 cups of cooked chicken, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and peppers and sauté until tender.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and season with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook until the chicken is heated through.
- Warm the tortillas in the oven or microwave and serve with the chicken mixture.
Chicken Salad Wrap
- 2 cups of leftover chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 4 flour tortillas
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, mayonnaise, sour cream, celery, carrot, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Place a lettuce leaf on each tortilla and add the chicken salad mixture on top.
- Roll the tortilla tightly to form the wrap.
Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 cups of leftover chicken, chopped
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of celery seed
- 1 3/4 cups of chicken broth
- 2/3 cups of milk
- 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables
- Pie crust
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender.
- Add the flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed to the skillet and stir until combined.
- Add the chicken broth and milk to the skillet and stir until the mixture is thick and bubbly.
- Add the mixed vegetables and chicken to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a pie crust and bake at 400°F for 40 minutes or until the pie crust is golden brown.
Leftover chicken doesn’t have to be boring. With a little creativity, you can make a range of delicious dishes that will satisfy your taste buds. Try out these recipes and let us know what you think.
FAQs about Leftover Chicken Recipes
Q: Can I use any type of leftover chicken?
A: Yes, any type of leftover chicken can be used. Just be mindful of how the chicken was previously cooked and adjust cooking times accordingly.
Q: Can leftover chicken be frozen and used later?
A: Yes, leftover chicken can be frozen. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Q: Can I use these recipes with other types of meat?
A: Yes, these recipes can be adapted to work with other types of meat including beef, pork, or turkey.
Remember, using leftovers is a great way to save time and money. With the right ingredients and a bit of creativity, you can make delicious meals that are both satisfying and nutritious. Give these leftover chicken recipes a try and impress your family and friends with your culinary skills!