Landscaping rocks come in all different sizes, shapes, colors, and types. Best of all, they are also amazingly cheap. Because of these facts, you can use these rocks in all kinds of unique ways to make your property look amazing.
Some people hire a professional to help them put rocks into their yard décor. However, there is really no need to do that.
If you have even the smallest flair for the creative and can follow some basic tips, you can easily and amazingly incorporate these rocks for an awesome, unique landscaping look.
Knowing Your Options
Landscaping rock Bestsellers
- River Stone Stepping Stones are a unique and functional decoration for your yard or garden.
- Stepping stones have a water-resistant, PVC backing that allows soil to settle between stones.
- This set of 6 circular mats is covered with smooth polished stones that are comfortable to walk on.
- Easily installation.
- Makes a great home decor gift for the lawn or garden.
- Quantity: 1000pcs approx 4.8 lb of decorative glowing pebbles, The dimension of each decorative stones is 0.8"-1.2".
- Eco-Friendly Material: the glow pebbles are made from Polystyrene (PS), non-toxic & tasteless, non-radioactive.
- Premium quality luminous pebbles: Glow lasts approximately two to three hours in the dark after full sun exposure warning. If charge by lamp light around 15mins, this glow in the dark decor will...
- Multifunctional Glowing Stone: ideal for fish tank gravel decorations, pond decorations, yard decorations, Halloween garden walkways Décor, outdoor driveway decorations, yard gravel, aquarium gravel,...
- We do provide a 60 Days WARRANTY: 100% refund or replacement for defection, accidental damage, non-satisfaction; Eco-friendly pebble stone lighting that requires no electricity and no power.
- 🌑【SIZE & PARAMETERS】Weight:18pounds. Rocks range in length approx from 1" to 2"
- 🌑【SURFACE】The rocks surface is very smooth and flat, oval or round, and you can also use it to create paintings on the stone surface.
- 🌑【NATURAL STONES】These grey natural stones are non-toxic and eco-friendly river rocks. Their natural attribute will make them last longer because they will not deteriorate like mulch does.
- 🌑【WIDE USES】Common applications include succulent containers, potted plants,vases，cactus，bonsai，landscapeand terrariums.It is perfect for home decor and a creative interior and exterior...
- 🌑【ABOUT US】Provides quality products and efficient after-sales service.If you're not satisfied with our products,please contact us, we will provide you with a solution as soon as possible.
- 【Highly Polished】 Eco-friendly from natural and high polished in surface makes the rocks for plants bright shiny
- 【Decorative Rocks】 Well suited for plants, planters, landscaping, display glass jars, vase fillers, sidewalk etc
- 【Size】 The pebbles vary in shades and sizes from about 1 - 1 3/4 inch, making for a better looking diversity
- 【Wide Compatibility】 Ideal as decorative rocks to make the appearance of the planter / vase and plant neat and appealing, also perfect for drainage and soil cover
- 【Cost Effective】 15lb, you can enjoy safer, prettier, and larger quantities of pebbles with less money
- 🌞【Best Decorating Landscape】 What a surprise gift! Please thinking it why yours glow rocks doesn't work in your garden, Please radiate them with light again if they are not bright enough, Only...
- 🌞【HOW to USE?】 These stones can't grow by themself, Please radiate them with light again if they are not bright enough. They can absorb any light at arounding, please radiate them with light...
- 🌞【UNIQUE SCENERY】 Decoration for garden patio lawn, edge a flower bed, lighting a pathway or driveway, gardens, crafts, aquariums, school, park, etc.
- 🌞【100%SAFETY】 Our glow rocks is also known as artificial luminous pebbles, is the use of rare earth elements activated alkaline earth aluminate, silicate and other high-tech self-luminous...
- 🌞【100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE】 If you're not 100% happy with the glow pebbles , please REMEMBER to contact us if you find your stone do not glow, we will Help and Guide you to use them. Thank you...
Before we dive in and share creative ideas for using these rocks, it is important to know the different kinds of rocks available and commonly used in yard décor.
While there are tons to choose from, a few good options include:
- River rocks
- Beach pebbles
- Marble stones
- Terracotta stones
- Lava rocks
All of these different rock options can easily be found at any home goods store.
Or, if you’re a bit more adventurous, you can collect them yourself from natural places, like beaches and parks.
No matter how you get your rocks or what kind of rocks you choose, there are plenty of awesome things that you can do with them.
Disguise an Area You Don’t Like
To begin with, one simple and simply amazing use for these rocks is to disguise a part of your yard that you don’t like.
Maybe you have a hill that makes your yard look clunky or uneven. If so, a few carefully placed rocks are a great solution. Rocks can also be used to hide “dead” areas in your lawn or even a structure on your property that isn’t super appealing.
While rocks can often be used to create something totally new, they can also be an amazing solution for something you wish wasn’t on your property.
Even if they’re just a temporary fix until you can correct the underlying issue, they can provide a lot of relief and beauty to your property until the time for a permanent solution comes.
Place Rocks in a Dry Garden
Do you have a garden on your property that seems to have trouble getting the necessary moisture? If so, rocks could be the perfect solution. Our rock landscaping ideas around the house could be very helpful to improve your design.
Yes, we know that rocks look awfully dry, but, believe it or not, they are actually great for drawing moisture and sending it down into the depths of a garden- exactly where it needs to go.
Small, well-stacked rocks are a wonderful way to trap moisture and help it trickle down into garden soil. Plus, as a bonus, they help to block harmful UV rays, making your plants healthier and keeping the moisture that you do accumulate from evaporating before it has a chance to do any good.
Not only is this idea wonderfully practical and helpful for the novice gardener, but it can also lead to a unique, beautiful garden that will catch the eye of everyone who comes near it.
Create a Cute Path
Another great idea for use with landscaping rocks is to create a nice little path in your yard. This path could lead up to your front door, to a pretty garden, or a nice little bench for sitting and relaxing.
Whatever the case may be, the combination of the right rocks, and maybe even some marbles were thrown into the mix, can make for an adorable, enchanting path.
Our suggestion is to pave the path and then line the sides with stones. However, you can actually have a stone path with stone paving along the sides as well. Whichever way you do it, it’s sure to look great.
Take a Hint from Central Park
If you’ve ever been to New York City’s famed Central Park, then you know there are huge, boulder-like stones located all around the park that are perfect for lounging.
These stones usually have smooth tops and jagged edges for just the right combination of visual appeal and comfort.
Tracking down these types of boulders for your yard might be a little challenging. You may have to have them specially cut or do some online shopping.
If you can find the right rocks, however, you can add a wonderful mystique to your yard, while also providing yourself and your guests with the perfect spot for daydreaming, reading, soaking up the sun, or just plain enjoying the beauty of the great outdoors.
Use Rocks to Create a Distinct Boundary Between Your Home and Your Lawn
Human beings like to keep things neat and compartmentalized. That’s just how our brains work. Thus, it makes sense that most people find it more visually appealing to have some kind of boundary between their front doors and their lawns.
If you’d like to create a distinct boundary in this way, we suggest using medium-sized rocks to do so.
Not only will this “hack” add visual interest to your yard, but it’s also a good way to keep moisture and rain splatter away from your property. Plus, what better way to highlight flowers, bushes, or anything else you might like to plant?
The rocks will draw attention to these floral arrangements for an extra touch of beauty. Landscaping with rocks and stones is relatively easy and low maintenance.
Use Colored Stones Anywhere and Everywhere
When you think of rocks, you probably think of them as being white or gray in color. In other words, you think of them as only having drab, natural colors.
And, while there is certainly something to be said for the rustic appeal of natural rock, there are lots of rocks that have been painted or dyed to achieve beautiful colors. Some rocks, believe it or not, even naturally have extravagant colors.
Thus, if you want to use rock in your landscaping but still want your yard to be colorful and beautiful, look into brighter options than what you typically think of when you think of rocks.
In fact, if you’re particularly creative, you could even paint and/or dye some rocks yourself for a thoroughly unique touch.
Grow Plants Between Large Rocks
If you’re a fan of the idea of the large rock we mentioned earlier, then you can take things up a notch. What we mean by that is go ahead and get those “Central Park” style landscaping rocks.
From there, tuck flowers, plants, or at least the seeds to start them, in between the rocks.
When spring comes and the plants bloom, you’ll have rocks with flowers and greenery poking up between them. It can make for a really cool natural effect that will attract lots of attention.
Use Rocks for Borders and Edging
While many of our suggestions for using rocks in your yard have been very “in your face,” every method is not necessarily this way. For example, you can use rocks in smaller, less obtrusive ways and still get a cool effect.
One of our favorite understated ways for using rocks, for example, is to use them to create a nice border for your garden. You can also use rocks as the edging for lawn designs, flower beds, and more.
A few simple, appropriately placed rocks will do the trick, or you can easily build a rock wall by stacking smooth rocks together and lining them up as needed.
Line a Pond or Lake
Is there anything more beautiful or peaceful than having some water on your property?
Whether you want to go for a man-made pond or foundation or you’re lucky enough to have a natural lake, there is no better way to accentuate and beautify your water than by highlighting it with rocks.
Use any type of rock you like. Line them up along the water and then sit back and look at the natural slice of beauty you have created.
Fill an Old Flower Bed
Almost everyone has seen a flowerbed before, but have you ever seen a rock bed?
There’s a good question you answered that question with a “no.”
However, rock beds are growing in popularity. Not only are they beautiful to look at, but they are also a lot less work to maintain than a water bed.
You can turn an old flower bed or trough into a rock bed with ease by cleaning it out and then pouring in your favorite rocks.
Add some lighting, a little stream, or anything else you like to make the rock bed look even cooler.
Don’t Be Afraid to Experiment
As you can see, there are all kinds of fun things you can do to liven up your yard. You just need the right rocks to get started.
You can take our ideas and run with them or even come up with some of your own.
No matter what you do, when you incorporate rocks into your landscape design, you are sure to end up with a masterpiece.
Experiment, trust your gut and don’t be afraid to get creative. There’s no doubt that the effect will be amazing!