If you’re a fan of sandwiches, you’ve probably tried the classic French Dip Sandwich. It’s a simple yet delicious sandwich that everyone loves. However, what if we told you that you can make it even better? That’s right, by substituting the traditional roast beef with ribeye steak, you can make an irresistible Ribeye French Dip Sandwich. In this article, we will show you how to make this mouthwatering sandwich step-by-step.
The Ingredients You Will Need
Before getting into the details, let’s go over the ingredients you’ll need to make a perfect Ribeye French Dip Sandwich:
- 2 Ribeye Steaks (about 1 pound each) – You can also use sirloin or flank steak if you prefer
- 1 baguette or French bread loaf
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of horseradish sauce (optional)
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 6 slices of provolone or Swiss cheese
The Cooking Process
Now that you have all the necessary ingredients, let’s get started on the cooking process:
Preparing the Steak
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the ribeye steaks with garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat and melt the butter in the skillet.
- Add the ribeye steaks to the skillet and sear for 3-4 minutes per side until the steaks are browned on both sides.
- Remove the skillet from heat and transfer the steaks to a baking sheet.
- Bake the steaks for 10-12 minutes or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- Let the steaks rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
Preparing the Au Jus Sauce
- In the same skillet used to cook the steaks, pour in the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly reduced and thickened.
- Strain the sauce through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any bits of solids in the sauce.
Preparing the Sandwich
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the baguette or French bread loaf into 6-inch lengths, then slice them in half lengthwise.
- Mix the mayonnaise and horseradish sauce (if using) together in a small bowl.
- Spread the mayo mixture on one side of each bread piece.
- Add the sliced ribeye steak and a slice of cheese to the bread.
- Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted.
- Cut the sandwiches into halves or thirds and serve hot with the au jus sauce on the side.
Concluding Thoughts on Ribeye French Dip Sandwich
There you have it, a simple recipe for an irresistible Ribeye French Dip Sandwich. The juicy and flavorful ribeye steak combined with the savory au jus sauce and melted cheese makes this sandwich a winner. Give this recipe a try for your next lunch or dinner, and you won’t be disappointed.
FAQs about Ribeye French Dip Sandwich
How can I store leftover Ribeye French Dip Sandwich?
You can store leftover Ribeye French Dip Sandwich in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place the sandwich in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Can I use other types of cheese for this sandwich?
Yes, you can definitely experiment with other types of cheese. Some options that work well include cheddar, mozzarella, or even blue cheese for a bolder flavor.
Can I make the au jus sauce in advance?
You can make the au jus sauce in advance and refrigerate it until ready to use. Just warm it up on the stove before serving with the sandwiches.
In conclusion, the Ribeye French Dip Sandwich is a delicious and simple meal that’s perfect for any occasion. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can make a restaurant-quality sandwich that will impress your family and friends. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different cheeses or toppings to make it your own, and feel free to share your creations with us in the comments below.